A Service Coordinator insures through case management that elderly residents, particularly those who are frail or at-risk and non-elderly disabled residents are linked to specific supportive services needed to maintain an independent lifestyle in eligible housing projects.
Service Coordination is available at Metro Plaza and Lincoln Court apartment buildings. The Service Coordinator helps the resident by:
- Establishing linkages with community agencies and service providers and maintaining a directory of such providers
- Educating and informing residents on available services, both within the organization and in the community
- Directly connecting residents to community agencies for needed services, such as Office for Aging, Action for Older Persons, Dept of Social Services
- Facilitating on-site health and wellness screenings and educational programs
- Assisting with the completion of paperwork to include HEAP application, SNAP Program, OFA ID Card application transportation;
- Encouraging and assisting residents in creating informal support networks with other residents, families and friends
- Monitoring the ongoing provision of services.