A Service Coordinator insures through case management that elderly residents, particularly those who are frail or at-risk and non-elderly disabled residents are linked to specific supportive services needed to maintain an independent lifestyle in eligible housing projects.
- Establishing linkages with community agencies and service providers and maintaining a directory of such providers
- Educating and informing residents on available services, both within the organization and in the community
- Directly connecting residents to community agencies for needed services, such as Office for Aging, Action for Older Persons, Dept of Social Services
- Facilitating on-site health and wellness screenings and educational programs
- Assisting with the completion of paperwork to include HEAP application, SNAP Program, OFA ID Card application transportation;
- Encouraging and assisting residents in creating informal support networks with other residents, families and friends
- Monitoring the ongoing provision of services.